Sometime around 10:30 AM today, I went outside to check on what winter storm “Thor” might be bringing to the driving conditions. At that time there was a slick coating of sleet starting to form on the ground that made walking precarious, and the weather radar & forecast suggested that the freezing rain would continue until about 2:30 as temperatures continued to drop.
I have seen weather conditions like this make driving conditions very dangerous. Keeping the safety of staff and students in mind I decided to go ahead and close the Academy for the day, send Misha home, and reschedule today’s lessons. Currently (about 1:00 PM), the trees are covered in light ice, but the precipitation has stopped, and the roads look like they will be mostly clear.
It is unfortunate that we will have to reschedule today’s lessons. However I am not sorry that I put the safety of staff & students first. We are fortunate that “Thor” has decided to mostly look past our community. Our office managers will be making calls today to arrange reschedules. If you miss their call make arrangements on your next regular visit.
Thanks for choosing Knoxville Academy of Music,